Saturday, September 6, 2008

Yay for the weekend

So after a late finish last night I wandered in at 9am today feeling well tired. My schedule was still up in the air and quite frankly I was just ready for the weekend to start. I wasn't sure how my first class would go as I kinda sucked last week (although in all fairness I didn't know I was going to teach it until literally 5 minutes before it began). This week I got the response I was after so I was well happy. My list of games is ever expanding and I'm worried at how fast I go through them. I went straight from that into another class which was also not too bad. Technically this class wasn't on my scedule but it was given to me anyway so I did it. I was meant to do a 1 on 1 for 1.5 hours but that never happened thankfully. I then had another relatively straightforward class then I had my two GEPT classes. The second GEPT class is challenging in that I'm often a walking theasurus trying to explain words they don't know using words they do. The first is just challenging because it is big and we have a lot to go through so very few games get played.

I decided to try again at ordering food. This time I slightly cheated and went to the same place Brian took me to so I knew what I wanted I just wasn't sure how to say it. I ordered the seafood noodle hot pot. For around $3AUD I get this great hot meal with a fair bit of seafood in it plus drinks are included. Honestly I think I'm going to have to go there more often. This time I avoided the clams.

This weekend will be spent in Taichung. I'm looking forward to hanging out in Taichung and I'm really hoping to find a decent music store. I'm even considering finding a musical instrument store. David wants to check out the art museum. There is a TGI Fridays in Taichung too so I may have to check that out (Buffalo wings here I come bwhahaha).

I've been expanding my Chinese music collection thanks to the generous person supplying my internet and a great LJ site dedicated to Taiwanese music.

My favourite Taiwanese performer so far has to be Vitas Lu or 盧廣仲 (Lu Guang Zhong). He has a very acoustic pop feel.

For those who are interested here is one of his video clips.

My goal now is to see him play live during my stay here. He's so geeky but I love it.

I need sleep. I was so tired before and now I'm totally re-energised.

I can now count in Chinese heh I made my students teach me and I'm also learning one handed juggling (with two balls).

And now I have two days of r'n'r. Yay for weekends. Sucks to be a native teacher as all the other teachers at my school have only 1 day off. I couldn't live with only 1 day off. I could really go for 3 days off but I guess that's pushing it.

No comments: