Thursday, September 18, 2008

Not Leaving on A Jet Plane

So I haven't actually checked my flight since arriving in this crazy country but I'm pretty sure there is a flight in the air now headed for Australia that I was booked to fly on. Needless to say I'm not on it. In all fairness though I never had any intention of being on it it was a throw away ticket so I wouldn't get turned away after I landed in Taiwan.

This kinda means now that everything is invested in getting my ARC in the next month. I got told it would get done in time but I think it will be a close call.

To say there isn't a small part of me that wishes I was on that plane headed home would be a lie, as much as I like it here I know that when my year is up I'm not going to be renewing that contract.

The cold is still lingering. I spent a good portion of this morning with Google translator trying to navigate a chinese bookstore website in order to find some music I want. After about an hour of translating I figured it'd just be easier to do the whole thing with Brian or someone from school next to me as a computer program can only translate so well.

No comments: