Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Show me the money

Still sick, although I did find a great drink store that sold fresh drinks and had both an english and chinese menu. They have a great lemon juice and honey drink so I sipped on that during the day.

I got paid for my first 2 weeks training today, not a lot but to be honest that figure was never really discussed anyway so it was more than I could have got. Plus it was cash in hand so I don't have to worry bout setting up a bank account yet....not that I could anyway as I have no paperwork

Classes were pretty good today. I played battleship in like 3 of my 4 classes lol I keep expecting someone to get sick of it but so far it's holding strong.

I found my little man who makes puffie like things in JhuShan tonight. Not as good as those in Taichung but still it's a minute bike ride versus a 60 minute bus ride heh

Their version of 2 minute noodles here is much better than the Maggi variety back home although I miss the other kind...and I'm totally blanking on the name. Amazingly enough I can't seem to find the oriental flavour though lol

Still tossing up whether to stay in JhuShan or go to Taichung this weekend. If this cold clears up I think I'll head to Taichung for a day, I really want to see if I can find more Vitas Lu albums.

Part of one of my classes tomorrow involves getting the kids to fill in a workbook which has both English and Chinese...of course in order for me to make sure they do it correctly I need to know the answers which means I need to at least recognise the chinese translation so guess what I'm doing tonight lol It's only level 2 so it's not too bad. I will have one of the chinese teachers look over my book tomorrow to make sure I've answered it correctly before I go to class though.

Anyway I have noodles to cook and homework to do.

No comments: