Sunday, August 30, 2009

Coming to a close

Well my time in Taiwan is almost over. Tomorrow...or going by clock today is my last full day in Taiwan. Monday night I start what is to be a 3 month journey back to Australia. This journey will take me to Thailand, UK and USA. In many ways I'm sorry to see the end of this Taiwan experience. While I will return the next trip will be different....I'll know more of what to expect, I'll have a network of people here I already know....I'm not saying that is bad it's just going to be a different experience.

In someways I envy the new teacher coming in I mean yes while things can get ridiculously difficult here there is also all these new things she is about to discover, not only about Taiwan but also about herself.

While this year has shown me that maybe I'm not going to settle into a career of teaching I'm glad that I did it. That being said there is no amount of money in the world that would convince me to stay on any longer...at least for now.

So now my sights are set on Thailand, a new location, a new experience.....what could be better?

No comments: