Friday, November 28, 2008

ni sure zhongwen ma?

Apparently my Chinese is on the up especially my writing...though I can't read what I write lol.

Today I managed to finally sort out my Taiwanese drivers permit so once again I can legally drive in Taiwan.

Now all I need to do is find a car.....err yeah let the fun begin. Actually I've seen a few that sound and look promising one is even here in JhuShan, although I've not taken it for a test drive so I have no idea how the engine is...but it looks to be in good condition.

Basically when it comes to car hunting I'm in over my head, firstly what I know about cars themselves could fit in the palm of my hands....secondly my inability to speak or understand most Chinese makes an already challenging task damn difficult. But I'm putting out feelers, trying to get as much advice as possible, I know people who know people so hopefully somewhere along the line I can find a car that won't leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere.

I'm amazed at how fast time is moving. I mean it's almost December which means it is practically Christmas and then New Year and then Chinese New Year and before I know it it'll be Easter....

The weather is getting colder. My boss just rang to see if I wanted a blanket as it is the coldest night here in a while, I'm wearing a nice big jumper and I'm quite cosy. I like the cold..although it's not so fun when my hot water refuses to work and I'm forced to have a cold shower....still easier to get warmer when it's cold than colder when it's hot.

oh and if you don't know what the title says then the answer is no :D

(the title is Jade pingyen for do you speak Chinese?)

The answer

wo busure zhongwen. (I don't speak Chinese)

and so endth the lesson.

No comments: